NIAAA Releases Alcohol Alert, Number 87
The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism recently released Alcohol Alert, Number 87. This Alcohol Alert examines the local, national, and global impacts of alcohol on society, and it also addresses alcohol’s influence on different subpopulations, such as underage youths and college students. The topics covered in this alert include:
- Alcohol consumption;
- Alcohol-related mortality, globally;
- Alcohol-related injuries;
- Alcohol-related chronic diseases;
- Alcohol’s economic burden; and
- Alcohol use and consequences on subpopulations.
To read the full alert or previous alerts, visit http://www.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/journals-and-reports/alcohol-alert.
Return to Home Page