jump to navigation

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I order materials that are listed on your Web site?
Please click on the link to the materials that you are interested in ordering. You will be directed to the agency’s Web site that published the materials so that you can contact them to order copies.

Can I use the information on this Web site for my report/article/Web site?
All of the materials available through this Web site are in the public domain and can be reproduced and distributed. If you choose to modify the content, please indicate that the material has been adapted.

How can I get involved in my community to help spread the message of underage alcohol use prevention?
For additional information on how to get involved in your community, please click on the “Community/Faith-Based” tab. You also can contact local substance abuse prevention and youth-serving organizations in your community to learn about volunteer opportunities.

Can you tell me about Web sites/resources regarding underage alcohol use prevention?
At the request of the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has established an Interagency Coordinating Committee on the Prevention of Underage Drinking (ICCPUD) to develop a plan to combat underage alcohol use and issue an annual report. Please click on the “About Us” tab on the top righthand corner of the Web site to view a list of these agencies as well as possible resources for underage alcohol use prevention.

Can I post our organization’s publications on your Web site?
StopAlcoholAbuse.Gov is a comprehensive portal of Federal resources for information on underage alcohol use and ideas for combating this issue. Only Federal resources can be listed on this Web site.

Will you exchange links with my Web site?
Please consider linking to www.stopalcoholabuse.gov from your Web site and bookmark the site on computers in your organization, school, or library. This will help us reach more people with information and resources to promote mental health and prevent alcohol use among youth.

However, we cannot place non-Federal links on StopAlcoholAbuse.Gov.

How can I get help if I’m concerned about someone?
If you wish to get help for yourself or someone else who has an alcohol problem, please call 1-800-662-HELP to speak with an information specialist who can assist you with confidential referrals to local providers of treatment services.

I would like to make comments/suggestions regarding the public service announcements (PSAs) that I have been seeing on TV or hearing on the radio. Where can I do this?
We appreciate your feedback on the underage alcohol use prevention PSAs developed by SAMHSA in collaboration with the Ad Council. Please send your comments and suggestions to infostopalcoholabuse@icfi.com. For more information about the PSAs, visit www.family.samhsa.gov/stop/. To learn more about the Ad Council, visit their Web site at www.adcouncil.org.