Leading the Way: Maximizing the Power of Youth and Young Adult Leadership in Communities Talk
This archived webinar from June 2019 brings youth presenters to the table, highlighting the role youth and young adults play in underage drinking prevention efforts. The presenters explain how organizations and preventionists can engage young people in Communities Talk events, where they can serve as both prevention leaders and advocates.
Click here to view the webinar archive.
- Explore the value of the youth and young adult perspectives in Communities Talk.
- Learn about strategies for engaging youth and young adults in the hosting of a Communities Talk event, including:
- Content development
- Partnership engagement (particularly with youth-led organizations)
- Examine how direct involvement in the planning and implementation of a Communities Talk event can serve as a catalyst for youth/young adult leadership in long-term prevention efforts.
- Marion Pierce, Public Health Analyst, SAMHSA (Moderator)
- David Elam, Youth Organizer for Fathers Who Care
- Lauren Roscoe, National Student of the Year at Students Against Destructive Decisions
- Kelsey Weis, Cecil County’s Drug Free Coalition Youth Sector Leader