Register Today for New SAMHSA Webinar on June 25! Leading the Way: Maximizing the Power of Youth and Young Adult Leadership in Communities Talk
Leading the Way: Maximizing the Power of Youth and Young Adult Leadership in Communities Talk
Join us for a webinar on June 25 from 2–3 p.m. EDT to hear from a panel of youth and young adults on how to engage their peers in underage drinking prevention strategies.
Given that youth and young adults face many challenges that are unique to their age group, their meaningful involvement in underage drinking prevention efforts can be a powerful means for driving behavior change among their peers. Involving youth and young adults in hosting a Communities Talk event allows them to take on the roles of leaders and decision-makers in framing the discussion content, selecting guest speakers, fostering partnerships, and developing materials.
Register now to attend this webinar! Presenters
Webinar Learning Objectives
- David Elam, Youth Organizer for Fathers Who Care
- Lauren Roscoe, National Student of the Year at Students Against Destructive Decisions
- Kelsey Weis, Cecil County’s Drug Free Coalition Youth Sector Leader
- Explore the value of having youth and young adult perspectives in Communities Talk events.
- Learn about meaningful opportunities to engage youth and young adults in hosting a Communities Talk event. This includes having young people work on:
- Content development;
- Publicity; and
- Partnership engagement (particularly with youth-led organizations).
- Examine how direct involvement in the planning and implementation of a Communities Talk event can serve as a catalyst for youth and young adult leadership in long-term prevention efforts.