Register Today for New SAMHSA Webinar on March 20: Leveraging Partnerships in Planning/Hosting a Communities Talk Event
Join us for a webinar on Wednesday, March 20 from 2:00–3:00 p.m. ET to learn best practices for engaging partners in planning, hosting, and promoting a successful Communities Talk event.
Underage drinking adversely affects everyone in a community or on a college campus. As a result, it’s important to involve as many individuals in the community as possible in planning your event, including potential partners. Partners can provide a wealth of support for a Communities Talk event, such as recruiting or obtaining event speakers, offering a venue, and supplying volunteers.
Register now to attend this webinar! Presenters
Webinar Learning Objectives
- Marion Pierce, Public Health Analyst, SAMHSA (moderator)
- Becky Carlson, Executive Director, Center for Prevention and Counseling, New Jersey
- Sally Linowski, Associate Dean of Students, Off Campus Student Life and Community Engagement, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Allisyn Marks, Youth Commissioner, Placer County Youth Commission, Auburn, California
- Learn how partnering with organizations can increase the reach and impact of your Communities Talk event.
- Understand the strategic value of partnerships—what partners in your community will strengthen your prevention efforts and how to recruit them.
- Learn how to cultivate mutually-beneficial partner relationships to achieve both a successful Communities Talk event, as well as maintain a long-term partnership to achieve lasting impact.