Planning Guide for Colleges and Universities
To further increase participation among institutions of higher education, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has developed the Communities Talk: Town Hall Meetings To Prevent Underage Drinking Planning Guide for Colleges and Universities (PDF | 3.8 MB). The Guide includes ideas for the types of groups to include in a campus event, as well as resources and timelines with ideas specific to the unique needs of institutes of higher education.
If you are interested in holding a Communities Talk: Town Hall Meetings to Prevent Underage Drinking event on a college or university campus, read these topics:
- Why Should College Campuses Participate?
- Who Plans or Attends a Communities Talk: Town Hall Meetings to Prevent Underage Drinking event?
- What Underage Drinking Prevention Resources are Available for Campus Communities?
- What are Key Times for Campus Community Conversations About Underage Drinking?
- Planning Checklist
- 10 Steps for Communities Talk: Town Hall Meetings to Prevent Underage Drinking event Planning
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers About Planning Stipends
- Tell Us About Your Event
- Town Hall Meetings In Action
See also Resources for Colleges and Universities